To reduce wear, use area rugs at work stations, dining areas, and at heavily traveled areas and pivot-points (i.e. stair landings, room entries, etc.), especially if there is a large family or indoor pets.
– Use dirt-trapping walk-offs mats at all exterior doors to keep sand, dirt, grit, grease, and oil outside.
– Sweep or vacuum regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish. The vacuum head must be a soft brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the flooring. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
– NEVER mop or flood floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring.
Thoroughly clean and rinse used and even new sponge mops to eliminate detergents.– Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Regal Hardwoods (Bona X Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bonakemi products).
– IMPORTANT: Do not use oil soaps, liquids, or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, tuna oil, or ammonia since Regal Hardwoods warranty does not cover damaged caused by non-recommended products.
– Keep pet’s nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.
– Office chairs with rollers must have a mat over the hardwood floor to prevent scratching and roll marks. Excessive rolling will damage the finish over time.
– Place protective pads beneath furniture legs and feet to reduce scratches and dents.
– Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects, furniture, or appliances.
– Make certain furniture casters are clean and operate properly (a minimum 1″ in diameter is recommended).
– Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor.– Exposure to the sun and its UV rays accelerates the oxidation and aging of wood and fabrics. This causes the stain and/or wood to fade and/or change color. We recommended rearranging rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly.
– Close drapes/blinds where excessive sunlight hits the floor. Heat and light can cause furniture, carpets, wallpaper, curtains, and floors to fade or discolor over time.
– the warranty does not cover damage from the sun and its UV rays.