To keep floors their best, we recommend that they be dusted, mopped, or vacuumed at least twice a week, more often on high traffic areas.
Regular dusting, mopping or vacuuming is essential to the care of hardwood floors. A good quality dust mop or vacuum attachment is the most effective tool for cleaning dust and dirt off the floor.
Spills and tracked in dirt can be cleaned by lightly damp mopping the floor with a household sponge mop. Use clean water for regular sponge mopping. ONLY USE DAMP MOP.
If necessary, weekly cleaning with Bonakemi products if harmless. Regal Hardwoods recommends the following cleaning products:
- Bona X Hardwood Floor Cleaner.
- Bona X Microplus Dusting Pad.
- Bona X Microfiber Floor Cleaning Pad.
- Bona X Hardwoods Floor Refresher.
DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTIONS OR ANY PRODUCT SIMILAR IN NATURE:
- Formula 409
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Powdered All Purpose Cleaners
- Paste Wax
- Endust, Pledge, or other dusting products
- Future, Mop N Glow, Brite, or any other polish
- Regal Hardwoods does not recommend wet mopping.
- Never use a household dust treatment.
- Always use Regal Hardwoods recommended cleaning products (Bona X Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bonakemi products.
- Never use wax on top of a non-wax surface finish.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a lightly dampened cloth, and then follow up with a recommended cleaning product.
- For stubborn stains, lightly dampen a soft cloth with a Regal Hardwoods recommended hardwood floor cleaner (Bona X Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bonakemi products). Apply directly to the stain and repeat as necessary.
- Never use petroleum-based cleaners on water based finishes.
- When the floor loses its luster, it’s time for a recoat.